[rescue] [OT] CodeRed activity?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 23:08:58 CDT 2001

Adam Kropelin wrote:

> Folks, I've been seeing a major increase in CodeRed scans here today (not
> that Apache cares...) -- about one every 1-2 minutes (to one given IP) as
>
> Anybody else seeing this?

How 'bout thousands of them? I work for a LARGE webhost (>250,000
domains) and I'm seeing them all over the access logs. People are
scared, and tech support's been spending more time telling them "don't
woory, we don't do windows...".

Totally meaniongless except for the amount of traffic. Folks're going to
be paying big transfer rate bills next month :(

---sambo