[rescue] MacOS X: First Thoughts

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 08:21:41 CDT 2001

> Let's see... in recent releases OpenSSH has managed to:
>
> 	- corrupt my utmp/wtmp files preventing me from being able
> 	  to login to the machine it was running on.
> 	- started sending SSHv2 messages to SSHv1 clients causing
> 	  them to choke and die (fix submitted to the maintainers
> 	  and accepted; bug exists in 2.9p2)
> 	- had real bugs found by lint that were only recently fixed
> 	  (routines that are supposed to return a pointer falling off
> 	  off the end and returning garbage on error conditions, printf
> 	  statements with the wrong number of arguments for their format
> 	  format strings, etc.)

You know what though, the only thing this means is that OpenSSH wasn't
ported very well to Solaris....  I am sure one of you Solaris junkies out
there will have it working great soon.  I will tell you though OpenSSH on
NetBSD, or Linux, or SCO, or FreeBSD, or OpenBSD works fantastic.

-Linc.

behemoth.linc.com NetBSD 1.5 pmax mipsel