[rescue] MacOS X: First Thoughts

linc rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 08:15:12 CDT 2001

> > you know you can blow away that OpenSSH crap and install the real ssh.  it
> > works great.
>
> "OpenSSH crap"?  OpenSSH *is* "the real ssh" - it was forked from an older,
> differently-licensed release of the "real" SSH.  I use it on all of my
> UNIX boxes and on my "big server"... Not a single problem so far.

That's what I was gonna say..  OpenSSH does not carry with it any of the
bugs that SSH seems to have.  In fact, I have seen SSH client programs
that have a setting to "emulate the SSH bug".  Don't need that crap if you
use OpenSSH.  Kinda like Coke - OpenSSH is the real thing. Accept no
imitations.

-Linc.

behemoth.linc.com NetBSD 1.5 pmax mipsel