[rescue] 10-bit vs 11-bit on AXi?

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 01:31:13 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I seem to have been chomped upon by the 10-bit vs 11-bit memory thing on
an AXi system again. I seem to have some 128MB dimms that are not 11-bit,
so I'm stuck at 640MB (2x256, 2x64) at the moment (yeah, tiny violins were
not an original feature of this board, but I hear them anyway).

Anyone able to explain the distinction and/or how to tell if a dimm is 10
or 11 bit? I had this issue with a Tatung machine, and the Tatung reseller
didn't realize there was a difference.

--Rob
        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows