[rescue] MacOS X: First Thoughts

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 00:49:26 CDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 12:27:04AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I've spent the past few hours (since about 6:30pm) setting up my "new"
> (3 months old) PowerMac G4 Cube from scratch, and have this to say about
> OS X:
>
> IT FUCKING ROCKS

WOO HOO!!!  coming from you with your Solaris roots, that means a LOT to me.

> its nice having a decent, good web browser, a nice GUI, and being able
> to open up a terminal window and do what I want as well, when I dont want
> to have to pointy-clicky-drool.

yeah.  that's the best part.  as much as i love solaris, the browser support
just isn't there.

> This is the modern, powerful, up-to-date NeXT box I always
> dreamed about.

you mean you don't want an ancient, slow, out of date NeXT box? heathen!

> Only thing I dont like:  the top-loading-ness of the Cube and the veritcal
> air vent... but its damn pretty! 8-)

that's Cube stuff, you get what you, oh nevermind.

> Bill (using Terminal.app and OpenSSH.. and this even has ncftp / wget / etc
>  installed by default!)

you know you can blow away that OpenSSH crap and install the real ssh.  it
works great.

-brian