[rescue] MacOS X: First Thoughts

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Aug 4 00:27:04 CDT 2001

I've spent the past few hours (since about 6:30pm) setting up my "new"
(3 months old) PowerMac G4 Cube from scratch, and have this to say about
OS X:

IT FUCKING ROCKS

its nice having a decent, good web browser, a nice GUI, and being able
to open up a terminal window and do what I want as well, when I dont want
to have to pointy-clicky-drool.

This is the modern, powerful, up-to-date NeXT box I always
dreamed about.

Only thing I dont like:  the top-loading-ness of the Cube and the veritcal
air vent... but its damn pretty! 8-)

Bill (using Terminal.app and OpenSSH.. and this even has ncftp / wget / etc
 installed by default!)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net