[rescue] Mac Appliance

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 17:59:23 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:05:42PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > One of my sources (`Cray Museum self-guided tour') speaks of a 6ns cycle
> > time for the Y-MP. How does that compute to 33MHz?
>   *grumble*

I'm sorry, this honestly wasn't meant as a slander on your judgement. I
just wondered about this number, and thought that there is possibly some
arcane relationship between cycle time and MHz numbers that I wasn't
previously aware of. I bow before you, oh great master ...

Currently, there is an EL on the German ebay section. The last one went
for about $5000 -- somewhat too much for me, and I lack a basement floor
to put it on.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick
to anger.