[rescue] be

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 17:02:59 CDT 2001

I agree, I can't see SGI going anywhere quickly, however they are being
hit Hard.  I'd hate to see them go, and i don't think putting money into
itanic is a good idea, but I don't know how much they can do with it.  the
origin arch is damn nice, and it dosen't matter all that much what proc is
powering it.  an origin with ultrasparcs, or alphas would be damn sweet
too.  SGI really does need to do something about the MIPS proc, it's being
used more and more for low end settops and similar and less and less for
high end work, because it's just not fast enough for most high end
apps.  I know MHZ on't rule all, but a 400mhz anything is going to be hard
pressed to fight it out with a 750mhz USIII.  It'll be intresting.
	Nick