[rescue] be

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 16:54:40 CDT 2001

On August 3, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Well, I'm quite sure that it will be some time after SGI goes down the
> same toilet.  So, we're looking at something as soon as a year
> hopefully.

  We'll see.  When the government labs stop buying
multi-hundred-million-dollar computer installations from them because
they've gone to wimpy Intel processors, they'll figure it out real
quick-like.  I could be all wet, but I really don't see SGI going away
anytime soon.  And only partially because people have been predicting
the "imminent doom" of SGI for at least the past six years.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD