[rescue] Sunblade 100 question

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 14:13:06 CDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:05:11PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > bad for high-quality movie stuff.
>
> Is it really?  I'm somewhat under the impression that Inferno and Piranha
> did their rendering with GL.  Of course, the companies won't say that
> officially in places that I can find, but it seems I'm not alone in
> thinking this.  But that doesn't help support my claim, because there are
> also lots of people who think that Toy Story was done with OpenGL.  Bleh.
> people who seem

Ugh.  Right after I said that, I came across harder evidence to support my
claim.  Piranha has a documented Hardware Blur effect which uses OpenGL to
accelerate accelerate blurring and sharpening in hardware.  Matting is
also done is also done in hardware.  I found this is the what's new
document for Piranha 3.06.  Piranha is now in the 3.3 range.

Well crap, I just looked at the clock.  It's 3:12, and I forgot to leave
for lunch.  I guess this means I get to leave early today.

--
Joshua D. Boyd