[rescue] Mac Appliance

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 3 11:32:44 CDT 2001

On August 3, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Dave may own Crays and PDPs, but they're hardly his "main" machines he
> sits in front of every day.  Last I saw, his "home machine" was a SGI
> Indigo 2.

  True.  I have the Cray ELs for historic and coolness reasons (though
they are quite zippy for Da Crunchin') and the PDPs for hobby hacking
and historic preservation.  For real work, I use Cray J90 for Serious
Balls, an Alpha (AS800 5/333) as a fileserver, another Alpha (PC164
5/500) and a SPARC (U1/170) for software development, and an SGI
(Indigo2/R10K/MXI) to sit in front of.  If anyone cares.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Laurel, MD