[rescue] [Slightly OT] Smart-UPS 1400 Battery replacement

Dan Sikorski rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 14:36:49 CDT 2001

> I've just got my hands on an APC Smart-UPS 1400 (non-rackmount) UPS
for
> the
> home server.  Anybody got a line on inexpensive battery replacments?
APC
> offers them for $165, I've found the APC replacement through others
for as
> low as $130...

Oddly, I was considering asking the list about the opposite.  I'd have
to check, but I have an APC battery that I think was from a 1400.  I was
going to ask if someone had the UPS for me to put my battery in.  Thing
is, I don't know that this battery is good.  I'd say it's questionable.
Contact me off list, maybe we can work something out.  (and hopefully
you can tell me if it is in fact the right battery.)

	-Dan Sikorski