[rescue] [Slightly OT] Smart-UPS 1400 Battery replacement

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 13:57:03 CDT 2001

I've just got my hands on an APC Smart-UPS 1400 (non-rackmount) UPS for the
home server.  Anybody got a line on inexpensive battery replacments?  APC
offers them for $165, I've found the APC replacement through others for as
low as $130...

In the past when a UPS died I'd just replace the batts with the same
replacement cells through Mouser/DigiKey.  Can't seem to match up the number
on these with anything they offer, though.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net