[rescue] Axil 245s (SS/5 clones) available...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 11:33:26 CDT 2001

Hello all,

I recently "won" 2 Axil 245 systems,and find myself not needing them - I
just wanted a few parts off them (RAM, HD)...

My price was very good, and I'm willing to turn around and make a deal for
someone with a well-stocked parts bin. The system is as follows:

    Axil 245 *w/o* Framebuffer built-in (SS/5-85 CPU)

    No RAM - uses 72 pin 36 bit parity RAM, can take up to 3 pairs
    of 4, 8, 16 and 32 Meg parts, up to 192 Meg on-board!

    No HD - has a drive cage that can take one 1.6" high drive and
    one 1" tall drive, if desired (remove floppy, SCSI cable already
    in place for two drives internal)

Price $25 each + $5 towards shipping (I'll cover rest, via FedEx ground)

Also, one of the two systems has a cover from an Axil 220 (upgraded to 245
via MB swap).

All systems are guaranteed no-DOA, beyond that as-is - I have tested them
prior to shipment...

Additionally, I have an Axil 220 MB (removed from above Axil 220 to upgrade
to Axil 245) that I will sell for $10 with either above system - it is an
SS/5-70 CPU MB, but it *has* a built-in framebuffer - this board was pulled
working.

Finally, I have 2 sets of two 8 Meg True Parity (36 bit) RAM - I'll sell the
RAM for $10/pair - $20 for the set of four (these came in the original Axil
220).

Please email me off-list if interested in any of the above - I'd sell the
whole lot* for $78 shipped, if interested. *Note: Whole lot means *both*
systems, the 220 MB, and the 2 sets of two 8 Meg SIMMs (32 Meg total).

Ken
n2vip at sunhelp.net