[rescue] my NPR interview is up!

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 00:43:18 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:52:36PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:35:14PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > Don't know about Suns, but until recently only the most expensive of PC
> > hardware could do that.  Even still soundcards that can't are quite
> > common.
>
> Until recently?  SB16 could do this, and I know the SBLive! can, and the
> Live! is at least 2-3 years old.

First, I consider the Live to be recently.  The SB16 could really do it
without killing quality.  It could play normally, but then it had to
record at quarter quality, or vice versa.  Thus, it would really suck for
pretty much anything other than IP telephony which is probably using all
card in quarter quality anyway.

--
Joshua D. Boyd