[SunRescue] Why would you need something like this?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 02:20:26 CDT 2001

[ On Monday, April 30, 2001 at 00:43:49 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Why would you need something like this?
>
> Speaking of shipping to other countries, I went to go ship a 15-lb
> box of old Solaris media and compilers to a guy in the UK yesterday.
>
> "That will be $120, UPS ground"

That's because it's an oxymoron.  In case you hadn't noticed there is no
"ground" between the USA and the UK over which UPS can drive their
little brown trucks!  :-)

(and I don't think they've got a contract to ship stuff on the weekly
Titanic runs either! :=) [though seriously I don't know how the likes of
a courier company might ship "slowly", and more importantly cheaply,
overseas]

US Postal Service rates to overseas are probably much more favourable
(though whenever I stand in line at the Canadian Postal outlets watching
people pay for parcels overseas to non-European destinations I have to
wonder), and even DHL might have a non-rush rate that's more
reasonable....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>