[SunRescue] Video format for Extreme graphics and Sun GDM1962B?

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 21:22:10 CDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 10:40:58PM +0100, Mike Meredith wrote:
> It's possible that it isn't possible

;-)

> to drive the GR2 at a 76Hz refresh rate. Have you tried 'xsetmon' to
> see what choices that has ?

Yes, and it says either a standard refresh rate, or one of the formats
in /usr/gfx/ucode/GR2/vof. Which suggests that compiled formats also
work with the GR2.

> Ouch. I strongly suspect that if the Extreme supports 76hz it would be
> possible to set it with setmon, so if that doesn't work I suspect
> you're out of luck.

Well, it's certainly not true that the Extreme only supports 72Hz -- I
already managed to compile a format that drove it at 90Hz. So I suppose
76Hz would work as well -- if only I could find a format for it.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Quand un skieur juif rencontre un autre skieur juif, il lui dit:
"Slalom!"                                  -- Philippe Geluck, "Le Chat"