[SunRescue] RE: Sun part number DB

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 13:07:43 CDT 2001

Bill,

Let me know when you have a database layout, I'd love to work up a small WAP interface into it - it is fiendishly easy, and it would be nice to simply punch in a Sun part number and get a brief description anywhere/anytime...

My thoughts on the fields involved:

	Part Number
	Short Description (+/- 20 CHar)
	Long Description (+/- 150 Char)
	First supported release SunOS/Solaris
	Last supported release SunOS/Solaris
	Third-party OS support (Linux, *BSD, etc.)
	Interface (SBUS, MBUS, AFX, UPA, Memory, Other)
	Link to Picture/Image (http://www.whatever.com/<partnumber>)

Other fields are likely useful, but that seems like a real good place to start...

My goal would be to be able to look up a part number while at a swap meet and be able to determine what a part is quickly...

Ken