[SunRescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1263 - 16 msgs

James Fogg rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 12:45:30 CDT 2001

I have used the ever so helpfull reference sites for Sun and determined that I
have a TGA video card in my SS5. Is there a better choice? or is this
considered pretty good.

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
>
> > I seem to have dredged up a spare mbus video card from an SS5, 501-2337.
> > Can this thing work in a the spare mbus slot in a single cpu SS10?
>
> Not MBus I'm afraid - the gender of the connector on the card/board is
> swapped to prevent insertion of the card in a SS10. Card is an AFX bus
> framebuffer, which is unique to the SS5 (I think the SS4 had the bus,
> but no connector as the framebuffer was on the motherboard). AFX is
> somewhat like a UPA version -1 :)
>

> Chris.
	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com