[SunRescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1263 - 16 msgs

Chris Powell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 09:30:46 CDT 2001

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:

> I seem to have dredged up a spare mbus video card from an SS5, 501-2337.
> Can this thing work in a the spare mbus slot in a single cpu SS10?

Not MBus I'm afraid - the gender of the connector on the card/board is
swapped to prevent insertion of the card in a SS10. Card is an AFX bus
framebuffer, which is unique to the SS5 (I think the SS4 had the bus,
but no connector as the framebuffer was on the motherboard). AFX is
somewhat like a UPA version -1 :)

Chris.