[SunRescue] Re: New SS10

Steve Doyle rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 27 07:05:26 CDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Chris Powell wrote:

> Check the DIMMs are in the correct slots (SS10 hardware manual available
> at docs.sun.com, or the hardware FAQ). I believe the SS10 is fussy about
> which slot RAM is in. I managed to put a DIMM in the wrong slot once and
> though OpenBoot recognised the RAM, booting SunOS bombed.

Already checked - I put them in in the right order and the box did not
see them at all. The spare 32M DIMM I have comes up as 16 in the prom but
thats as far as that goes.

S' a bad thing when there is 96M floating about that cant be used :(

S.

--
:  Steve Doyle                                      paiste at csc.liv.ac.uk :