[SunRescue] SS5 model help

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 14:43:29 CDT 2001

Ack.  If the 170s are nearly as good as the low end ultra, then that low
end ultra must really suck.  I spend a lot of time on 170s and I find them
to be unbelieveable.  I mean, even pine crawls.  Back when my 486 was
still loaded with ram (it used to have 56 megs, now only 28) I found it to
be more usefull that the 170s I work on.  I suppose that some
programs probably ran technically slower, but the system was more
responsive.  Pine certainly was.  Anything graphical also was (the Sparc
having a CG6 board).

And wasn't there recently a discussion saying that for server applications
the 85s were better?

--
Joshua Boyd