[SunRescue] Re: automatic failover of the dsl/serial link

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 05:35:39 CDT 2001

As it stands right now, yes three "logical" boxes would be needed - I would
prefer if only one were needed, but in the final analysis, my DSL line is
reliable enough that I don't *need* automatic failover.

I just wish Linksys would upgrade the firmware to allow for some such
arrangement (my dial-in/out router could easily be replaced with a Win98
Internet Connection Sharing setup on a PC inside the LAN).

Ken