[SunRescue] Suburban Wireless?

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 23:39:48 CDT 2001

  I can picture it.  Me & my cat, living in the middle of nowhere in
Montana.  I fill up her food bowl and head out for the two-hour drive
to the nearest convenience store, tooling out in the Porsche, but make
it there in under an hour due to reasonable speed limits.

  There's a certain appeal there, I'll admit it.  But having recently
(and unwillingly) become single, I kinda like the prospect of, oh,
SEEING OTHER HUMANS from time to time.  Like, in the flesh and stuff.

  What a concept.

  I'm reminded of the defecting Russian officer in The Hunt for Red
October, who wanted a "round American wife" to cook for him the
rabbits he will raise, as they live together in Montana.

  Eeek.

       -Dave McGuire