[SunRescue] Re: Help! OT sections .. you have been warned

Linc Fessenden rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 20 18:09:51 CDT 2001

> [OT] -- Well, I do mention a sun computer. : )
>     I'm getting pretty sick of all the Linux bashing around here.  It's my
> damn choice and you can all just shove it.  I am planning on trying out
> OpenBSD on a SS2 and maybe on my home PC (x86).  All this bad attitude is
> starting to turn me off of it though.
> [/OT]

Actually, you have some support. I like Linux myself.  It's a robust open source
OS that happens to run quite well on older sparcs.  In fact it runs on a variety
of different platforms other than intel.  If you take a few minutes to to a
custom install it runs better on many platforms than their native OS.