[SunRescue] Re: Help!

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 17:09:36 CDT 2001

[ On Thursday, April 19, 2001 at 13:23:08 (-0700), Robert Novak wrote: ]
> Subject: [SunRescue] Re: Help!
>
> You shoulda seen the furor when I asked on another forum if there was a
> way to see the cpu information in *BSD assuming I didn't have a dmesg log
> from the bootup. ya know, like 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' in Linux? Some FreeBSD
> junior evangelists were telling me I shouldn't need to know and that Linux
> was lame for telling me. Whee.

Hillarious, especially given that the FreeBSD nuts have gone to
exceptional lengths to try and calculate the CPU clock frequency.  The
NetBSD guys won't try to do that because on most iAPX86 CPUs it's
impossible to do "correctly"!  :-)

BTW, on at least recent NetBSD machines the answer is quite simple:

	less /var/run/dmesg.boot

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>