[SunRescue] bringing alive SS2

Valentine rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 13:04:05 CDT 2001

ok.

I've got SS2 case with motherboard and floppy drive in it with 64mb
ram and 1gb hd.
now I wanna know what are my options bringing this thingy alive.
I wanna put this machine as a router/firewall for my home lan.

and... here comes the best part, there is no framebuffer and there is
no OS installed on the harddrive. I spent few days reading how-to's/faq's,
mainly on sunhelp.org and obsolete.com, and come up with nothing.

Now what should I do? Should I go to some PC recyclres and buy
framebuffer SBUS card, plus SBUS ethernet card, plus a monitor?

I figured it would be cheaper to get sun monitor for $10 than buying
$100 13w3 converter and using PC monitor.

and, did I mentioned, i never dealed with sparcs in my life.

cheers.
val.