[SunRescue] G3 upgrade for PowerMac 7300

jeff borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 17 11:16:54 CDT 2001

Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Perhaps I'm just being too sentimental.  After, NeXTStep on Sparc was
> decent (and I'm told that PA Risc was also really good).

Yes it is verry verrry good. And if you don't believe me... (-:

http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/FAQ.html#Machinery

I don't think NS is the kind of thing you want on the public internet
though. (security problems from what I understand)

> P.S. didn't there used to be a Solaris port of Photoshop back in the 3.0
> or 2.5 days?

Yes, some time around that version. I met a guy at the time who was given a
machine by Sun to do his Photoshop illustrations. Glenn Mitsui-- he was in
Seattle in the early 90s. I don't know what he is up to now. He was kind of
a big name in computer illustration and Sun I guess was going to use his
work in ads or something.

That would be fun to see a print ad of that. I think I remember seeing one
for Photoshop on Sun in MacUser or Macworld.

--jeff