[SunRescue] G3 upgrade for PowerMac 7300

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 16 11:12:23 CDT 2001

>>Odd, I've had very good luck.  Even with the x100 series (nubus), g3

>I'll second that. I've done several 7100s at the Lab and they are
>still useable of general office stuff, especially if you add lots of
>memory, and a big, fast hard drive. I usually put in Newer Tech
>upgrades, as I had  really no major problems with them.

Well, the votes are against me, so I'll concede (I understand they are
*still* counting in FL!). But I will say that a side-by-side of a 7x00
series Mac accelerated to G3 266 and a beige G3 at 266 disappointed me. The
amount of money the cards cost new just didn't justify the user perceived
performance increase (using Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator).

--
drouse