[SunRescue] G3 upgrade for PowerMac 7300

Stefan Hames rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 15 23:56:14 CDT 2001

At 20:45 -0700 4/15/01, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
>Odd, I've had very good luck.  Even with the x100 series (nubus), g3
>upgrades work well.  A 7300 with a ZIF-card CPU upgrade is pretty cool...
>Add in a good PCI video card, a SCSI card, and it's not a bad system at
>all...
>
>-pete

I'll second that. I've done several 7100s at the Lab and they are
still useable of general office stuff, especially if you add lots of
memory, and a big, fast hard drive. I usually put in Newer Tech
upgrades, as I had  really no major problems with them.
Unfortunately,they've gone out of business.  Powerlogix and Sonnet
processors seem to be decent for the 7300 based on postings to
xlr8yourmac.com forums.  SmallDog   seems to often have  good deals
on cpu accelerators  http://www.smalldog.com/. (No connection except
I've been happy with their service.)

Stefan
Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
        607-254-2496 (lab)
        607-254-4262 (campus)
        607-255-8088 (fax)