[SunRescue] Rescued netapp... questions/1MB nvram simms

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Apr 14 19:55:53 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I "rescued" a Netapp F330 at the swap this morning. This is the narrow
scsi Pentium 90-based system. I'm trying to gather bits to make it
functional, as it came with no memory at all.

Does anyone know what NVRAM SIMM(s) this box uses, and where I can get
them other than direct from Netapp? I found a reference on the net that
suggests an X325 kit with 8 1MB NVRAM SIMMs would set me back about $1200
direct from Netapp at last year's prices, and that's about 12x what I paid
for the whole box, so it's right out. I will check with my Netapp sales
rep on Monday (we're buying a new box from them at work, maybe I can get a
deal on the side for the nvram).

Alternately, will it work with normal simms? I went out looking for 72pin
1MB simms today and didn't find them at any of my junk shops, but I think
I have some 2MB ones that might work.

Also found a dual Katmai board with 64bit PCI and dual PCI buses and a
normal ATX connector, hoping that works too :)

Thanks,
Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows