[SunRescue] RE: Natural cooling

Stefan Skoglund rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 13 12:37:24 CDT 2001

Ken Hansen wrote:
> I have a friend whose father built a house with a solar water heater -
> not too radical, really, but the
> installation is a maze of pipes and knobs in the attic.
>
> His wife used to say that if he died, she would have
> to move, cause she would never figure it out!

A case of to little documentation i would say and yes
i saw such an example a few months back there the husband
who was an electrician and well a do-it-yourself guy had
done everything to cut down the energy bill but welll he died
and those guys who were hired to figure things before the widow
sold the house had a very hard time. ALSO a case
of too little documentation.

> In my area there was a *beautiful* house that I would have
> bought, but it had electric heat, not gas or oil. > This
> was a huge turn-off. I later found out that the house was *built*
> for electric heat, meaning it had
> triple-pane windows (not the more conventional double-pane),
> and the exterior walls are 6" thick (not the more
> conventional 4", indicating the ext. walls had 50% more insulation).

For those who is considering improving their house it exists a type of
after-market
assembly packs containing a energy saving glass-pane with a edging of
self-vulcanizing
rubber. You simply put the extra pane on the inside of the window and
rubber glues itself and
the glass to the original glass and you have a very good layer of
insulating air
between the panes.

The pumps of today is a all-in-one system.
One refrigerator-sized cabinet.