[SunRescue] Vinophiles of the world unite

amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 12 18:47:21 CDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Dan Lane wrote:
> Oh you mean like last night, I ruined a nice carbonara sauce because "I'll
> just stick SunOS 2.5 on that 1000e before David picks it up" :P

everyone makes the mistake of getting involved with something else while
cooking. just buy a timer.

> Oh and before amy pipes up about "see anyone can cook" it all came from a
> foil bag to a wok :)

ok. speaking of foil bags, try this one. go to your market and buy 2
lemons and a lime, a salmon steak, a cheap bottle of white wine and some
butter.

wash the salmon, throw some salt and pepper on the salmon, slice the
lemon/lime and put the slices on top of the salmon. now put the salmon on
a sheet of foil. place about an inch thick pat of butter on top and add a
splash of the wine.  fold up the edges of the foil (the "up" part is
important) any way you can in order to seal it/make it airtight.

preheat your oven to 450 and place it in there on a pan for about 25-30
minutes. open packet (carefully) and serve.

feh..and some people think foil bags suck! i've been cooking for close to
20 years and i still use them for stuff like fish. it just comes out much
better, more of the flavor of the fish instead of being obliterated by
some godawful heavy sauce.

--a