[SunRescue] Vinophiles of the world unite

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 12 14:06:17 CDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, William Staniewicz wrote:

> One thing I have come to appreciate living here in
> Europe is how cheap and good the wine is here.

Continental Europe, perhaps.  In the UK the tax makes even cheap plonk
fairly expensive.  I went to France for the first time last autumn and
found wine at 26 francs for a 5 litre plastic drum.  It is difficult to
find a bottle in the UK that cheap unless it is low alcohol stuff.

> The other thing cheap here in Europe (Amsterdam) is
> Heineken beer.

I thought that Amsterdam was famous for something other than beer ;-)

--
Regards
Pete