[SunRescue] Multiprocessor intel boards (hate to interrupt the flamewar)

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 21:25:24 CDT 2001

The PS on the 486 should be easy to replace unless it is a really weird
one.  Any quad processor machine is a bit of a rarity.  ALR 6x6 boards
seem to be in abundance (a 6 CPU machine), but I think they still require
VRMs.  If you really want a quad system, I'd buy the VRMs what you have,
and if that board is bad, then I'd try to buy a new board off of ebay.
Your only real other alternative is to shell out for quad Xeons or to go
with non intell hardware.

--
Joshua Boyd