[SunRescue] sources of RAM for SS/10

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 19:26:38 CDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 08:06:00PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I'm interested in aquiring old hardware.  Most of the stuff I see
> available isn't with a distance that I could pick up, which is a major
> problem when talking about things like Sun4s.  Either that or it is more
> $$$ than I can spare.  Anyway, unlike a lot of my fellow students, I'm
> well on my way to getting out of school debt free (in part because I don't
> borrow money for fun stuff, and in even greater part beause I don't
> qualify for student loans, only the regular kind that require I start
> making large payments right away), but this means that unless the computer
> is going to be a major work horse for me, I can't spend much on it.  Hell,
> all my computer gear taken together (half dozen machines) is worth less
> than what the average newbie spends on a new PC.
>
> --
> Joshua Boyd

I have a few old IPCs you could have.

And I am going to visit Bob's place du Sun (see earlier posting of today)
when I visit my sister in Durham, NC.

If you can convince him to give you something I could pick it up for you.

But, it couldn't be too big since I will be getting a monitor and an IPX for
myself - I drive a Saab 900 coupe, so could take say another 17" monitor and
a smallish Sun, say up to the size of a 3/260 or less.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net