[SunRescue] Back on topic.... ram for SS4...(:+}}...

User Bobkeys BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 10:00:24 CDT 2001

> The last thing I want is an "oh shit" bugfix patch for my car's OS
> because some coder in North Carolina was pulling an all-nighter and
> made a typo....

Hey, Bill.... give us NC freaks a slight breather....we don't all try
programming a '690 crate at speed down the beltline on a serial ASR33
from the back seat of a van.....(:+\\..... at 75mph.... only 35mph on
the back roads, where typeos are less of a problem.....(:+}}...

> Bill ("hotfix?  Try applying patches at 75mph...")

Back to topics.....

I was given an SS4 chassis and some community 8m ram sticks (5 or 40mb)
and the machine has no HD, internally, but, I do have a couple of shoe
boxes with db50 connectors, and the right hd-db cable.  Anyway.... if I
had to find just enough ram to bring up baby on solaris8, I figure a
single 32mb stick would bring it up to 64mb, which would be workable,
for now.  So.... anyone got one each 32m ram stick for a lowlyslowly
SS4 crate, that I could beg/borrow/bum/purchase without breaking the
glass beerbellie piggybank?

Also, I am probably going to lighten the load around my toy UNIX pit
machine room, and be unloading some sun VME crates.  If anyone in
that central North Carolina RTP area Bill is talking about needs some
sun3 or sun4 vme crates, and possibly a couple 3/50, 3/60 crates, and
possibly some SS1/IPC/IPX kinds of crates, and are willing to dig a
little to drag them out, do holler (bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu).
Sorry, no shipping on these, especially the VME crates.  Youloadum,
youhaulum, yougetem, and i'll be happy to spreademaround to a good
home.  One or two machines and associated bits per youhaulum folk.
I'll probably never again get all 30 boxes hooked up and networked
together in the basement at once, and the weefie would take a cast
iron skillet across me noggin, if I did.  So, I figured folks on
the list (locals anyway) might oughta get first dibsies....  I would
hate ta just haulemout down ta da curb.  If any locals are interested,
get yer gloves on.....(:+}}....

Thanks

Bob