[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn (fair drug prices)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 09:12:41 CDT 2001

First off, this is *hardly* on-topic, but what is?

The 10% of Ugandians that are HIV positive need the drug no mater what the price is (fair or unfair).

That they can not afford, and subsequently will not recieve the drug is a bad thing.

The *evil* drug companies that invested *hundreds* of Millions of dollars in developing these drugs deserve to be recompensed for their risk and efforts.

You do understand the cost of the medicine exceed the fractional penny it costs to put the compund in tablet form, right? I assumed you did.

You are also aware that several drug companies have decided to provide heavily subsidised AIDS treatments to Africa and other parts of the world devastated by AIDS?

Ken

Message: 6