[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 00:55:56 CDT 2001

    That car had NO catalytic converter.  The only
pollution device was a canister of activated charcoal to
reclaim fuel vapors from the tank. As far as the NO, I
saw a science fair project where the student found that
the "oxygenated" gasoline increased nitrogen-oxygen
compounds about 300%, it burned faster so fuel economy
was less and the reduction of CO was not as claimed.
Yet this is what we have to put up with until this new
testing goes into effect.  Then you'll see the end of
oxygenated gasoline.  To get back on topic, maybe if
Honda put a SPARC run computer in their Civic CVCC car
when the Government demanded they put a computer in
their cars then the mileage might not have gone from 62
mpg highway down to the 40s.  An IPX only draw about 40
watts. Hmmm........