[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

Adam Kropelin rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 20:16:38 CDT 2001

At 05:18 PM 4/6/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> > > Expensive (at least originally)
> > Hmm, yes the 740 was the first swedish car which passed the 100 000 Skr
> > threshold (1985 or so). In Sweden Volvos main market is the corporate
> > buyer
> > and the cast offs get sold on the open market after 3 years or maybe 10
> > 000 km
>
>We just bought an S40 back in Dec. (an '01)  We compared about 30 cars
>(drove about 15 of 'em in two days!)  I'm happy to say that the price was
>reasonable - mid-ish 20's with leather, Preimum audio, sunroof, etc.  The
>little 1.9T engine is fun, and the 5-speed auto is cool. (We both prefer
>sticks, but SoCal has waaaaay to much traffic...)
>
>All in all, a great vaule, and very comfortable for long drives.  I had
>never considered a Volvo before, but I'm hooked.
>
>-Pete W.

You know, it's really not nice to do this sort of thing at the end of a
long, hard week. I have had enough trouble keeping my sanity the past few
day, this sort of thing doesn't help.

I just sat down and saw a message about Volvos in my sun-rescue folder and
said, "Fscking mail client, can't even sort my mail right... Why is it
putting mail from the Volvo 1800 list in with sun-rescue!?"

And then I realized I was witnessing the mailing list cross-over of the
century. Good thing nobody mentioned the 1800 yet or I'd be in a mental
institution right now.

--Adam, who loves old Volvos *and* old Suns