[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 19:18:37 CDT 2001

> > Expensive (at least originally)
> Hmm, yes the 740 was the first swedish car which passed the 100 000 Skr
> threshold (1985 or so). In Sweden Volvos main market is the corporate
> buyer
> and the cast offs get sold on the open market after 3 years or maybe 10
> 000 km

We just bought an S40 back in Dec. (an '01)  We compared about 30 cars
(drove about 15 of 'em in two days!)  I'm happy to say that the price was
reasonable - mid-ish 20's with leather, Preimum audio, sunroof, etc.  The
little 1.9T engine is fun, and the 5-speed auto is cool. (We both prefer
sticks, but SoCal has waaaaay to much traffic...)

All in all, a great vaule, and very comfortable for long drives.  I had
never considered a Volvo before, but I'm hooked.

-Pete W.