[SunRescue] Greetz all

Kenneth Dunn rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 09:54:41 CDT 2001

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Funny you should have a Crowley quote as your /sig, check out the geeks list
> achives, we were jsut talking about that sort of thing.

Mmmm, how do I get there ?

> Oh, and as to the alpha, try running a BSD or True64, or even VMS on it, you
> might like it better that way.

Unfortunately none of those OSes support anywhere the amount of hardware
that Linux does. I really want to put my AC97 based sound card and dumb
Digiboard multiserial port card into the Alpha.

I'd really love to try OpenVMS someday though, am waiting to get the
machine first before I ring up Compaq NZ and hassel them about a hobbyist
license etc.

--
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt