[SunRescue] Sun 2/120

Ian Chesworth rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 07:28:20 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Ive got an ailing Sun 2/120 embedded into a semiconductor test machine.
The disk is on its way out (its a Toshiba MK156F connected to an Emulex
MD21). I am trying to source a replacement disk for the machine at the
moment, but I one major problem I have is that I cant find the original
install tapes for this machine as I will need to boot the machine from
tape before I recover my backups.

Does anyone have a clue where I can find a copy of SunOS 3 or SunOS4 for
this architecture or is it possible for me to build a standalone system
on tape using another (working) machine?

Thanks in advance!

Ian Chesworth
ian.chesworth at hymem.com
Hybrid Memory Products, North Shields, UK