[SunRescue] Anyone else here hate Perl?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 23:09:28 CDT 2001

[ On Thursday, April 5, 2001 at 17:49:35 (-0400), David Rouse wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [SunRescue] Anyone else here hate Perl?
>
> Back in the day I tried NewtonScript, which apparently takes quite a bit
> from stuff like Smalltalk and Squeak. I was able to get it to work for me,
> but I guess I'm a very procedural guy -- again, not that I'm a real
> programmer, I just do some small stuff to help people get stuff done.

It's absolutely amazing how quickly non-programmers can begin doing
useful programming with Smalltalk.  (Of course we've known that since
way back in 1977!)

If you don't like procedural programming you really should try using
Smalltalk (i.e. in the form of the Squeak implementation -- 3.0 is just
out and it includes lots of cool stuff:  www.squeak.org).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>