[SunRescue] Anyone else here hate Perl?

David Rouse rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 16:49:35 CDT 2001

On 4/4/01 at 10:54 PM, Greg A. Woods <woods at weird.com> wrote:

>There must be several awk and sed implementations for MacOS by now.

I've never seen any, O'R just says they are being implemented.

>Don't you like applescript better anyway?  :-)

Well, yeah. I will script BBEdit (which has good regex stuff) before using
Perl. And as all MacPerl dudes *hate* AppleScript, I must not be much of a
MacPerler...

>(Or Dylan?  Oh, never mind, if you knew Dylan you'd probably already be
>using Squeak anyway....   :-)

Back in the day I tried NewtonScript, which apparently takes quite a bit
from stuff like Smalltalk and Squeak. I was able to get it to work for me,
but I guess I'm a very procedural guy -- again, not that I'm a real
programmer, I just do some small stuff to help people get stuff done.

--
drouse