[SunRescue] SM100's and 630mp

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 15:22:45 CDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 02:53:35PM -0700, Jody Stephens wrote:
> 2. What should I run on it? OpenBSD boots, but only to one
> processor (obviously). I'm going to try a linux install later,
> but I think what I really want is Solaris.

I tried Linux on my SS670MP (same system board, bigger enclosure), and
it ran only on one of the processors. You can run Solaris 2.5.1 on it,
or you can patch Solaris 2.6 so that it doesn't use the VME bus. (VME
support was dropped with 2.6.) Information is on
http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/data/sunos_6x0.html.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

You own a dog, but you can only feed a cat.