[SunRescue] Silly SS10... continued....

P.A.Osborne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 11:00:40 CDT 2001

> IFF I temporarily yank the cdrom out of the SS5, and slip it in the
> scsi bus where the second HD goes, will that silly SS10 use that
> correctly for installing?  I am expecting it should, but....

hmm is the block size on the rom drive set right?  Or am I getting
this wrong - its near the end of the day and I am playing break the
mail system at the mo - so my mind isnt quite there.

> Also, will the freebie solaris 8 install off a tty?  I really want
> the SS10 to be a servery thingie, as opposed to a graphical workstation.
> The thought was to set it under the SS5 in the stack, and use the SS5
> as the ``Sun Workstation'' box.

Yes:  boot off the 1st software CD - the one that is not the Installation
CD.  I dont have the Cds in front of me to check the labels - there are 3
you want the second and third.

Put the first in the bin or microwave it.

--Paul
--Just had an engineer here changing the system board of an E150
--I love the look on their faces when they look inside the machine -
--its full of foam.  I think the E150 escaped from the lab. :-)