[SunRescue] best-selling vehicle vs. best selling car...

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 15:24:01 CDT 2001

> Note: The competition between Ford and Honda to have the #1 selling car
resulted in *many* foolish promotions to push as many vehicles as possible,
including heavily subsidized leases. Now that the dealers are buckling under
the sheer volume of off-lease tauruses (tauri?) and Accords (are their
drivers Accordians?), this competition has cooled off a bit, and I guess
that made room for Toyota to enter the mix.

Mike still has nightmares of endless rows of off lease Tauri's that must get
to the auction before 7 PM. Taurus was a pain in the ass to tow on a
flatbed. I hate that car (hawk! Spit!) to this day. Fleet sales are what
made the Taurus's numbers what they did. The Honda sold well just because it
is a very good car. I remember the gang of us working in the transport
office at Bel Air Auto Auction getting a pick up assignment for 140+ off
lease PHH leasing Tauri.

Mike N

Mike N