[SunRescue] best-selling vehicle vs. best selling car...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 14:57:19 CDT 2001

The typical "best selling" vehicle is either the Honda, Ford, and now the Toyota, if you *exclude* fleet sales and only compare with other cars, not trucks.

The F150 is, I believe, the best selling vehicle, as the original poster noted, but no one ever really talks about most popular vehicle, they usually are comparing passenger cars sold to individuals.

Note: The competition between Ford and Honda to have the #1 selling car  resulted in *many* foolish promotions to push as many vehicles as possible, including heavily subsidized leases. Now that the dealers are buckling under the sheer volume of off-lease tauruses (tauri?) and Accords (are their drivers Accordians?), this competition has cooled off a bit, and I guess that made room for Toyota to enter the mix.

Ken

Mike N. said...

> The ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in US history, and is currently
> the best selling single model of any kind of vehicle. It outsells the Toyota
> camry, Honda accord, and ford Taurus (the three leading cars) by as much as
> three to one some years.

I would argue that statement.