[SunRescue] OT: CA: It's Our Turn

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 05:45:24 CDT 2001

Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at www.zill.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 08:18:29PM -0400, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
>
> > From: "Patrick Giagnocavo" patrick at www.zill.net
> >
> > > ObRescue: I always thought of a Land Rover and a Sparc 1000 as being
> > > sorta spiritual kin, anyways...
> >
> > Patrick you silver tounged devil! That is a most excellent comparison!
>
> And of course, before I get jumped over the comparison, how about:
>
> SS2 - 1979 Ford F150

Not knowing what an F150 is - it that a good thing or a bad thing? :-)

> 1000E with SM82's - Pinzgauer

What, you mean underpowered and unreliable?

ObRant: when .mod.uk were looking for replacements for the Landrover 101FC,
LR put in a bid to upgrade the existing fleet to the new spec.  Their bid
was considerably lower than Steyr-Pusch's.  And the Pinzgauers turned out
to be less reliable and with less carrying capacity.  It got so bad that
when we invaded^Woffered assistance to Sierra Leone last year, they had to
take their last few 101s out of mothballs so they could tow the Pinzgauers
when they broke down.  Bah.

--
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **